Firewood Terms and Conditions
- Unless otherwise stated, our delivery times are within 4-6 days of placing the order, and we normally deliver Monday to Friday. We will endeavour to deliver when it is convenient for you, and please keep us advised of any special requirements.
- Please advise us if there are any access difficulties to your property. We deliver using a small flatbed truck, and bags are offloaded to one side of the vehicle with the use of a crane. If we are unable to deliver due to access restrictions, then we may seek to recover the cost of delivery.
- Logs will be unloaded and left in the bag, or alternatively we can tip them out of the bag, at your request. We will only stack logs on prior request, and a small charge will be raised for this service.
- Should you wish to uplift logs from our yard, please advise.
- All products are subject to availability. If a product is out of stock, we will advise you accordingly.
- It is our aim to supply a uniform product. Our logs will not exceed 12 inches in length, and should be no more than 4 inches across the “waist.” Should you require smaller logs, then we can supply smaller material in the small net sacks. In this case logs will not exceed 8 inches in length.
- Our logs should be ready to burn. In order to achieve this, they should have a moisture content of less than 25%. Our logs are stored processed and undercover – we aim for a sub 20% MC, but this is not always possible. If we consider the moisture content to be above 25%, we will advise you.
- Prices quoted are inclusive of VAT, currently chargeable at 5%. Where there is a delivery charge, VAT on delivery is charged at 20%.
- In order to keep our logs as dry as possible, they will be stored and delivered in ventilated bags. We do not charge for the bags, but we like to recover them. Either they can be dropped off at our yard, or we will uplift them, probably at the time of the next delivery. If bags are destroyed, we may raise a charge for them.
General Company Terms and Conditions
Treeline Woodlands takes your privacy seriously. Any information obtained by us will be kept secure and not passed on to third parties.
2. Customer service
Treeline Woodlands aims to serve all its clients to the highest possible standards. All work will be carried out by trained and experienced staff, or by staff under supervision as per our health and safety policy.
Any specialist equipment needed on site will be correctly and well maintained and will only be operated by a trained member of staff.
While every effort will be made to carry out works in the manner agreed with the client, Treeline Woodlands reserves the right to make changes in circumstances where the safety of our staff is put at risk. We will make every effort, where feasible, to inform the client beforehand.
After works have been completed, we will leave sites safe and as tidy as is reasonably practicable.
Treeline Woodlands shall make quotes in writing. Such quotes are free from obligation and are valid for up to 30 days from the date of the quote.
Payment for services by Treeline Woodlands is to be made by either bank transfer or cheque, made payable to Treeline Woodlands Ltd.
Cash payment will be accepted as a last resort.
Full payment is due no later than 30 days from the date of the invoice. The company reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 2.5% per month on overdue invoices.
The Company shall be entitled to withhold further deliveries to the Customer where the Customer has failed to make payment of any invoice, instalment or any other account with the company.
4. Risk and title
The risk in the goods shall pass to the customer upon delivery (or collection by the Customer’s carrier. The goods shall remain the property of the Company until paid in full.
Your right to possession of the goods shall terminate immediately if you (a) become insolvent (b) suspend, cease or threaten to cease to carry on all or substantially the whole of your business.
If we repossess any goods or you deliver up any goods in accordance with these conditions the contract(s) in respect of those goods shall be cancelled.
If an order is cancelled, either wholly or partially, the Company reserves the right to charge up to 100% of the order value.
Treeline Woodlands would normally expect as part of a harvesting contract to agree a rate suitable for the scope of the contract and will discuss this prior to commencement. This may be a rate per tonne, a return per product, a rate per hour or a flat rate depending on the nature of the work.
Both parties must accept any adjustments which need to be made to the original quote/scope of works. If the original scope of works changes during the term of the contract Treeline Woodlands reserves the right to adjust costs accordingly.
The original quote will outline where special access is needed. Any failure to meet these requirements may be deemed as breach of contract and may mean the work cannot be carried out.
Invoices for all management and labour charges will be submitted on conclusion of the appropriate work, or quarterly, whichever is the shorter.
Acceptance of a quote shows acceptance of Treeline Woodlands Ltd.’s terms and conditions.
Treeline Woodlands reserves the right to adjust charges without notice.
All materials will remain the property of Treeline Woodlands Ltd. until the invoice is settled in full
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
In the first instance, any complaint should be made verbally. Treeline Woodlands will try to resolve the matter as swiftly and satisfactorily as possible. Beyond this, complaints should be put in writing.
8. Public liability
Treeline Woodlands aims to ensure the health and safety of staff, clients, public and property. All work carried out by us is subject to £5 million public liability cover.
A contract is formed (and these Conditions become binding on you) when we either: (a) confirm to you (either orally or in writing) that we have accepted your order for goods and/or services or (b) commence provision of the goods and/or services, whichever is the earlier. Each order that you place, and which is accepted by us, shall form a separate contract between us.
All contractual matters are subject to the law of Scotland.
Treeline Woodlands is dedicated to offering an excellent service to all of our customers. Should you have any queries, complaints, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.