Thinning Spruce Woodlands with the New Harvester
We have been using the new harvester to thin some of the Spruce woodlands on Baddinsgill. It has hugely impressed with its agility and compact size, easily moving around the stand and only requiring the removal of a single rack of trees in this young first thinning.
Our tractor and forwarding trailer combination has also shown its capability in the tight woodland, extracting from the single racks and leaving minimal ground damage.
Below are some pictures of Treeline's machines in action.
- Harvester emerging from the trees and selecting the next stem for removal
- Picking a route across the racks to form an extraction route
- Working down a narrow rack having removed only one row of trees
- Processing a double header
- Harvester picking a tree for removal
- Light coming through the racks with timber stacked ready for extraction
- Tractor and forwarding trailer lifting timber from the narrow racks
- Loading saw logs from a central ride
- Clearing timber from the sunny ride
- Winding up a narrow ride with a load of timber