Stacking Timber into the Sunset
We recently thinned a Pine wood in East Lothian with the timber being stacked at the top of a hill overlooking the stunning rolling farm land and the Forth Estuary.
Extracting the timber into the evening I was treated to some amazing sunsets and beautiful colours. I thought I would share a few pictures of the views as well as the work being carried out, opening up this wood with our in house harvesting team.
After a long day in the tractor you are sometimes rewarded with a sight that other offices do not benefit from…
- Pine stacked overlooking the Forth Estuary
- Selective felling to open up this mixed Pine woodland
- Sensitive timber extraction using our Valtra and trailer unit, causing very little ground damage
- The two machines working side by side
- Stacking the Pine in the setting sun
- View towards Traprain Law
- The wood after thinning looking a bit brighter
- Just about finished extracting and running out of stacking space for firewood
- Nearly the end of the day!
- Parked up at the end of a long shift...