Bulk Bag of Hardwood Logs
Our best selling product, keeps people coming back for more year after year. Whether you simply enjoy an open log fire on special occasions or use firewood to heat your home, our hardwood logs are the best you can get! A consistent, high quality, regular sized product delivered neatly to your door in the bag, ready to burn.
Hardwood logs, when properly seasoned, burn cleanly and slowly giving off a great long lasting heat with no sparks to worry about. Perfect for stoves or open fires.
Our hardwood logs:
- Timber sourced from local, well managed woodlands to ensure a truly sustainable and low carbon fuel.
- Only the best species are used, mainly Sycamore, Birch and Ash, with some Beech and Oak.
- Timber is well seasoned before being split and stored inside for several months to ensure our logs are all ready to burn.
- Moisture content is checked prior to delivery to ensure it is below 25%.
- We are careful to ensure our logs are split to a regular size; 25cm long and about 50-100mm across.
- All bags are individually marked to provide complete traceability of timber and drying times.
- Our 90x90x90cm bulk bags are extremely well filled, not only to give you the best possible value but also because they won't stack properly in our shed if under filled!
Hardwood or Softwood - the facts!
Neither hardwood nor softwood is better than the other; it all comes down to personal preference. Calorific value is generally measured in kilojoules per cubic metre and varies according to moisture content, but the calorific value of softwood is approximately 75% of that of hardwoods. What this means in practice is that hardwood will burn slower, and for longer, than softwoods. Softwoods will light quickly and produce a quick, bright heat but will not last as long as hardwoods. The most important consideration when burning wood is the moisture content. This should be as low as possible and here at Treeline we aim to supply firewood with a moisture content of below 25%. If you're interested in an even lower moisture content, consider looking at our popular kiln-dried hardwood bulk bags or even our Hotties briquettes.
Bags We make no charge for our high quality bags at the time of delivery, but we do like to recover the empties so that they can be re-used. Please either return, or advise us if you have bags to uplift.
RHI and BSL These logs are BSL approved for use under the RHI. The BSL number is BSL0000402-0001